User Tag List

Thread: Weekly Events!

1. #1 Weekly Events! 
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WEEKLY EVENTS

Hello everyone, I just wanted to start something to bring in more players and give new players something to look forward to.

Starting this weekend ( ​FRIDAY ), I'd like to know who would all be online to join in the event. We will be doing minigames for sometime, not all day. We start at one minigame and play for sometime and try out different ones every 30 minutes. I know most of you wanna build your banks, but we are seeing new faces everyday that wanna play minigames but no one is willing to help or join them. It's fun, and rewards you what's not to like about it?

If the minigame rewards aren't good enough for you, then stay throughout the whole event and have a chance to win a item from 1 game of Hide and Seek, and one game of trivia about the server.

​I hope to see you all join in and help the new faces of the server, remember you were new once to.
    ( GMT - Roughly around 5 or 6pm )
    Last edited by XxxTentacion; 04-11-2018 at 10:17 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to XxxTentacion For This Useful Post:

Solaire (04-14-2018)

Server Support

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How about a time in GMT so people know roughly when the event will start and figure out what time that is for them so they can (re)schedule their Friday?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondre View Post
    How about a time in GMT so people know roughly when the event will start and figure out what time that is for them so they can (re)schedule their Friday?
    Updated, thanks totally forgot that.

Registered Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont know if events is really the route to go when it comes to encouraging activity specific minigames, honestly i think adding higher tier equipment at inflated costs to the shops as well as reasonably priced consumables that are either exclusive or mostly limited to minigame shops could do quite a lot for the activity of those games also... for example adding sanfu serums or god arrows to minigame shops or even cosmetic sets that have an exp boost effect the options are honestly unlimited... becuase if the high level players have no reason to grind mid tier minigames they wont... kinda offtopic and more a suggestion but oh well...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    i dont know if events is really the route to go when it comes to encouraging activity specific minigames, honestly i think adding higher tier equipment at inflated costs to the shops as well as reasonably priced consumables that are either exclusive or mostly limited to minigame shops could do quite a lot for the activity of those games also... for example adding sanfu serums or god arrows to minigame shops or even cosmetic sets that have an exp boost effect the options are honestly unlimited... becuase if the high level players have no reason to grind mid tier minigames they wont... kinda offtopic and more a suggestion but oh well...
    God arrows are in Balance war minigame btw, there are cosmetic sets that do have exp boost in skilling shop. Prestige your stats and get and outfit that give bonus exp. This was to try to get people in the server to actually do something besides stand at home and complain about stuff. Yes, minigame shops could use some work and better stuff in them but regardless it's still fun even if you're maxed. There have been new players joining the server everyday, don't you think they would like to at least try some minigames?

Registered Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XxxTentacion View Post
    God arrows are in Balance war minigame btw, there are cosmetic sets that do have exp boost in skilling shop. Prestige your stats and get and outfit that give bonus exp. This was to try to get people in the server to actually do something besides stand at home and complain about stuff. Yes, minigame shops could use some work and better stuff in them but regardless it's still fun even if you're maxed. There have been new players joining the server everyday, don't you think they would like to at least try some minigames?
    yes im aware of all those existing sets but for someone like me who has gotten 3x void sets theres not allot of reason to go back to pc in near max gear as the points have almost no use at all once you have void and the minigame is pretty dull... this can also apply to a few other minigames... and really the exp boost sets was more of an example.

the balance war one you brought up isnt even a team minigame its an afk one so i dont really know how that even applies here when talking about minigames that require people other than it having god arrows... when it comes to dung its actually more efficient to be a solo player with 3 leaching accounts (maybe change that?). and the boss arena is good... untill you get basically everything thats in the shop or better stuff and its completely one sided if someone has a top tier wep because they get way more bp than everyone else from getting the kills..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes im aware of all those existing sets but for someone like me who has gotten 3x void sets theres not allot of reason to go back to pc in near max gear as the points have almost no use at all once you have void and the minigame is pretty dull... this can also apply to a few other minigames... and really the exp boost sets was more of an example.

the balance war one you brought up isnt even a team minigame its an afk one so i dont really know how that even applies here when talking about minigames that require people other than it having god arrows... when it comes to dung its actually more efficient to be a solo player with 3 leaching accounts (maybe change that?). and the boss arena is good... untill you get basically everything thats in the shop or better stuff and its completely one sided if someone has a top tier wep because they get way more bp than everyone else from getting the kills..

Like I was saying before, you may have EVERYTHING from those minigames but some of the newer players do not. As I stated before, don't you think they would like to get a chance to even play the minigame? You may have everything, so why not join them in a minigame instead of standing at home. You're in max gear so it should be fast, you'll actually being something instead.

I said Balance War because you mentioned a minigame that gives god arrows, you can get guthix ones there and now potion drops that turns 50 dragon arrows into Zammy, Saradomin, or Guthix arrows.

Yes, the Boss Arena is good till you get everything in shop. We know the shops need new fresh items into them, but what's the harm of having a lot of boss points just in case a time like that happens? Also, I'm pretty sure you only have to inflict a certain amount of damage to receive the max amount of points there.

Registered Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XxxTentacion View Post
    Like I was saying before, you may have EVERYTHING from those minigames but some of the newer players do not. As I stated before, don't you think they would like to get a chance to even play the minigame? You may have everything, so why not join them in a minigame instead of standing at home. You're in max gear so it should be fast, you'll actually being something instead.

I said Balance War because you mentioned a minigame that gives god arrows, you can get guthix ones there and now potion drops that turns 50 dragon arrows into Zammy, Saradomin, or Guthix arrows.

Yes, the Boss Arena is good till you get everything in shop. We know the shops need new fresh items into them, but what's the harm of having a lot of boss points just in case a time like that happens? Also, I'm pretty sure you only have to inflict a certain amount of damage to receive the max amount of points there.
    sigh the point im making seems to be sliding between your fingertips... ill make this as short and easy to understand as i can....

improving the minigames and/or their rewards is far more effective than doing events to get people to participate in the content. events are only ever as good as the reward for doing them...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sigh the point im making seems to be sliding between your fingertips... ill make this as short and easy to understand as i can....

improving the minigames and/or their rewards is far more effective than doing events to get people to participate in the content. events are only ever as good as the reward for doing them...
    Like I said, and will stick to. Just because YOU have things from the minigames doesn't mean new players do. They don't have that chance to even play some minigames. I know and understand that more rewards needs to be added into the minigame but it's better off helping the new players then rather sit at home and stand there afk.