User Tag List

Thread: True Completionist: a discussion about..

1. #1 True Completionist: a discussion about.. 
    Registered Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the comp cape is nice and all but i feel that the requirements for it are a bit out dated and dont really keep up with any of the newer content, i feel that it would be very cool to see a (true completionist) rank/title/cape etc that is only for those who have achieved literally everything and it would also be updated with new updates to add additional requirements for players to keep up with in order to use it. the true completionist cape would be a very fashionable and absolute best in slot cape and come with basically any bonus you could want it to have.

being the end game item it would be massively op and feature stats and abilitys that reflect its status in the game

effects including but not limited to: avas effect, antipoision totem effect, dragonfire protection, golden effect, row effect, slayerhelm effect, bonus exp effect (LOL if u dont get why this is funny see req's), rng curse effect 1/15, rng blood effect 1/15, and possibly more.

requirements would be extremely stiff requiring if not 1b exp in all skills a substantial amount of exp over 99 in all skills Minimum 200m+ but 1b in all skills prefered in addition to this it would require ALL of the existing achievements be completed as well as all ofthe (completionist task set) in which the community can work out but here is a basic example of the kinds of things it would include.

all skills at least x00m exp 200m-1b debatable (this is a one off task, skills CAN be predigested after this.)
    all quests compleeted
    all acheivements compleeted
    maximum rank with spider coven obtained
    donate a total of atleast 1billion gp to the well of goodwill
    kill 10,000 (boss monsters)
    kill 100,000(any monsters)
    reach a slayer task streak of x00 (Im thinking 500)
    equip each of the 11 regular completionist capes
    defeat every godwars boss atleast 100 times(bandos arma sara guth nex)
    speak to (an npc) wile wearing a full set of primal and a 1 handed primal weapon.
    speak to (an npc) wile wearing a full set of celestial and celestial staff.
    speak to (an npc) wile wearing a full set of sagitarrius armor and sagitarius's bow. (once released)
    speak to (an npc) wile wearing both the crystal bow and mining helmet from elven adversary.
    speak to (an npc) with the primal pick primal axe and defensive shield in your inventory.
    speak to (an npc) wile wearing full void elite mele with a korasi and have range and mage helms in inv.

and more to be added as per further discussion.

post what your thoughts on the idea are as well as any ideas for the requirements rewards and cape perks

Developer
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am unable to provide us with models or names for any of that unfortunately. So unless I find the time soon to learn more about client sided coding this probably won't be something I can make.

Something that does come to mind however, is that the warmaster spirit shield is very iconic to our name and server yet doesn't weigh up against other shields obtainable ingame.
    I feel like some of your requirements would be interesting to add to the spirit shield, adding to perks like the ones you mentioned. This would make the warmaster spirit shield a top tier shield but only for those who go to the limits of the game.

The perks could be unlocked by the warmaster who's current dialogue could be shifted towards Mandrith.

This is just my take on the idea, I can't promise i'll have enough time to make all this right away but I feel like your idea could have some potential here. Let me know.

Registered Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaire View Post
    I am unable to provide us with models or names for any of that unfortunately. So unless I find the time soon to learn more about client sided coding this probably won't be something I can make.

Something that does come to mind however, is that the warmaster spirit shield is very iconic to our name and server yet doesn't weigh up against other shields obtainable ingame.
    I feel like some of your requirements would be interesting to add to the spirit shield, adding to perks like the ones you mentioned. This would make the warmaster spirit shield a top tier shield but only for those who go to the limits of the game.

The perks could be unlocked by the warmaster who's current dialogue could be shifted towards Mandrith.

This is just my take on the idea, I can't promise i'll have enough time to make all this right away but I feel like your idea could have some potential here. Let me know.
    lol i knew you would bring up the model and all that as an issue and honestly rather than relying on adding a new model i thought perhaps there was a relatively cool looking cape somewhere in the server already we could simply rename. thus avoiding the hastle of going in and finding or making a new model... however if the deciding factor is weather or not the model can be made and added im sure you could find some help with that... if a custom model were made, it should basically be a sick looking comp cape with wings and extra particle effects, i could to everything but the particles i have no starting point with that unfortunately bc eli had custom particles added...

Now that being said i also thoroughly agree that the warmaster ss is a disappointment and i wouldn't be against adding some achievement based rewards to it to make it competitive with things like twisted buckler defensive shield and primal kite but i dont think that it really fits the slot for an (ultimate achievement) item in the same way that capes do and always have in runescape and rsps. and ultimately i feel that somthing liek a beefed up warmaster would serve more aptly as one of many requirements for true completionist.

oh and you should be able to change the item names by simply updating the cache that shouldn't require any hard client updates..
    Last edited by Fate; 05-14-2018 at 05:57 AM.

Developer
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    lol i knew you would bring up the model and all that as an issue and honestly rather than relying on adding a new model i thought perhaps there was a relatively cool looking cape somewhere in the server already we could simply rename. thus avoiding the hastle of going in and finding or making a new model... however if the deciding factor is weather or not the model can be made and added im sure you could find some help with that... if a custom model were made, it should basically be a sick looking comp cape with wings and extra particle effects, i could to everything but the particles i have no starting point with that unfortunately bc eli had custom particles added...

Now that being said i also thoroughly agree that the warmaster ss is a disappointment and i wouldn't be against adding some achievement based rewards to it to make it competitive with things like twisted buckler defensive shield and primal kite but i dont think that it really fits the slot for an (ultimate achievement) item in the same way that capes do and always have in runescape and rsps. and ultimately i feel that somthing liek a beefed up warmaster would serve more aptly as one of many requirements for true completionist.

oh and you should be able to change the item names by simply updating the cache that shouldn't require any hard client updates..
    Did you know that even so much as renaming a single item requires a whole new client version? There are no capes sick enough to be used for this, the closest you'll get to this is a regular comp cape.
    Your idea is cool but not cool enough to entrust random strangers with our files to help add new stuff.

Registered Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaire View Post
    Did you know that even so much as renaming a single item requires a whole new client version? There are no capes sick enough to be used for this, the closest you'll get to this is a regular comp cape.
    Your idea is cool but not cool enough to entrust random strangers with our files to help add new stuff.

ah in some bases i have seen the client sided item definitions are stored within the cache and not the hard client files and can be changed with only a cache update to a new cache version i guess thats not the case for us? And honestly its not like we have anything top secret on the client the only things worth ripping off from our base is the custom content that has been added via patches tbh... just about every ruse based client has the same stuff i think we have a couple custom interfaces a few random custom models that arent even made correctly and the custom particles.

for future reference add a launcher with an auto client updater to any server projects..

Registered Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are some serious requirements; however, I think the benefits that come with the cape would most definitely be worth it. Plus I feel that most of the "endgame" equipment we have on here do require a bit of grinding to achieve, but there are still a fair number of people who own those items. I think this cape would be a great way to stand out in the community, as well as give an ultimate long term goal. If the coding aspect of it can be figured out, I'd be all for an item like this.

Server Support

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    TL;DR basically a trimmed comp cape with more requirements?

Registered Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondre View Post
    TL;DR basically a trimmed comp cape with more requirements?
    yep and really good bonuses for the cape itself

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds crazy.