User Tag List

Thread: Biornha's guide to primal and celestial.

1. #1 Biornha's guide to primal and celestial. 
    Registered Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright welcome you all to my new project, a guide on how to obtain the celestial and primal armor. Maybe in the future I will add the sagittarian armor in here as well. But for now this will focus on these armors.
    First of all I will start with explaining the primal armor and follow that up with the celestial armor. Please will everyone that has the time for it share their way of doing this, because this will give people more views on how to do this, instead of just my view, because that what works for me, doesn't work for anyone.

For a thread with a lot of information and a video of the jungle please go to the video that @Seancept made on this forum, you can find that by following this link:
    http://war-scape.com/forums/showthre...al-Video-Guide

The minimal requirements you need for obtaining the primal armor is as follow:

You will need a Chaotic weapon to deal damage in this area
    You will need 80 Dungeoneering to enter the first cave
    You will need 61 Agility to enter the new jungle

My advise to all of you though, max out in every combat skill including 99 prayer and summoning. A steel titan is a wonderful thing to have with you.
    However in my eyes 99 dungeoneering and 95 agility is way better. The reason about that is the spider covenant bonus you can get.
    The agility is needed for entering the whirlpool at the covenant level 3. This will take you into the spider room, and that is way easier for the celestial gear.
    The Spider covenant is a bonus that will help you in this jungle, and to enter the spider area you need to have 99 dungeoneering. Furthermore you need a web cloak, that is dropped by kaldrag, for starting players that never set a foot inside this jungle.

The Covenant level will increase by killing the following NPC's (which are also the 'guards' of the primal warrior):
    Ancient warrior
    Ancient ranger
    Ancient mage

Then you ask, why should I get a web cloak first if I don't need it to get Primal gear, well that is easy to explain.
    The first Covenant level (after slaying 100 of those ancient guards) gives you the small bonus of using the web ladder directly into the hut inside the jungle.
    The third Covenant level (after slaying 300 of those ancient guards) gives you the big bonus of using the whirlpool, directly into the spiders room, which is good for the celstial, but also gives you a choice in what primal item you would like, instead of a random primal item. Considering you want a full set, having the ability to choose makes it way easier to get the correct parts. Also this will give you access to the portal at the 'starting point' of the jungle, as shown in the map beneath here.
    The fourth Covenant level (after slaying 500 of those ancient guards) gives you the biggest advantage. You won't need a chaotic weapon anymore. Just imagine using a new crystal bow, a twisted bow, the celestial bow (which you can obtain at this covenant level as well) or any other weapon of your liking instead of a chaotic, that isn't that bad, but in light of recent updates, is also underwhelmed by stronger and better weapons.

Well now that I explained some basic things, that make everything way easier for you all I go on to the next point.

As seen in this Image, you see the jungle demon & Primal Lair in the southwestern corner of the jungle. So when you came up in the jungle you walk southwest. Great mark points on your route should be the little lake you see, and the woodcut icon on the map, that will guide you to the Primal Lair without a problem.
    When you get there, you have to defeat the Jungle Demon to enter the prison (ow yes it is a prison better be prepared you naughty boys and girls!) and inside this prison you will find 2 ancient Warriors, 1 ancient ranger and 1 ancient mage, or from now on, the ancient guards, because those things are clearly guarding something.

But hey didn't this guide notify us that we need to kill these npc's to get our spider Covenant up, so if I have a web cloak first, I'm actually doing 2 things in one go? Yes you are very true! That is why I started this guide with the, sort of irrelevant, explanation of the spider covenant. This is also benefical as it grants you the access to the portal shown beneath here, that will teleport you automatically to the jungle demon (the guard of the prison) so you won't have to walk that way anymore.

Now I step away from a guide about how to do stuff, because in my eyes there is no best way to kill these ancient guards. Everyone prefers their own way, considering everyone has to use a chaotic weapon in the beginning so you will have to build around that. I can however explain my own way and how I liked to do this. And I did this until I get my level 4 covenant because it worked for me, after that I haven't come back in this prison yet.

My setup was based on ranging. The chaotic item of my choosing was a chaotic crossbow, so I build around that. I will explain my gear and reasons of that later, when I can add a picture of that in this guide...

This was my set up in the beginning doing around 50~100 kills, using this inventory, with a steel titan and soul split. This is low risk because there are a lot of untradebles you will not lose by being defeated. Please note that these guards can hit around 40 of your hitpoints, but they won't do that very often and in my experience so nothing that soulsplit can't heal. Furthermore, the higher range armor you use, the quicker it goes, but the higher the risk, so if I have to be honest, make sure you won't die there. In the end I used my pernix gear and I made 200 kills in 1 inventory.

So killing those ancient guards will, at one point reward you with a ruby key. This ruby key is used to enter the thing those guards try to guard. A strong Primal warrior. You can enter that room through this gate, that is shown in the picture above here, and he will challenge you to a fight. I recommend waiting until you reached covenant level 3 before entering his room, because that will give you the choice of an primal item, if you are lucky enough to obtain one.

How to beat the primal warrior you ask.. well you do this the way you like. I saw people using a Zamorak Godsword with the matching halo and an overload potion.. I used my primal rapier for killing it (after I got covenant level 4) and before that I used my chaotic crossbow, with the same gear that I showed above. I, as someone who likes to boss on the safe side, especially when I risk losing hours of work (obtaining a ruby key) to just die in this boss room, used protect/deflect from melee prayer. But consider this as also something you have to figure out for yourself. In my eyes there is no perfect gear and way to do this. After killing the primal warrior, you are brought back into the room with the ancient Guards. From here you can enter the primal cave again (if you have multiple ruby keys of course). This is the way of how you obtain primal. Is it only primal you can get here you ask next? No the guards have a low chance of dropping the eye of the warrior (or the range and mage equivalent, if you decide to kill the range or mage guard). The guards also drop 500k gp on occasion (that will explain the empty inventory space in my inventory) and that can stack up very well for the losses of food, ammunition/runes and potions you will use in this area.

One of the things I don't like about getting the primal gear is slaying the primal warrior and that isn't because he is so hard to slay. You have to click on attacking him every time, just like you have to do with most npc's after healing your hitpoints or using a prayer potion. For some reason he will stop attacking you, and if you have bad luck he will heal himself. Also you have to make sure auto retaliate is on, because you won't attack him that easy. You click attack the primal warrior, and then he will hit you and you will start to hit back thanks to your auto retaliate. (although that is how I have to do this thing, please inform me if there is a better way)

Please note, primal is a kind of a rare drop (a little bird told me that it is 1 in 30..) so don't be dissatisfied if you don't get a piece on your first kills. Primal is the best melee armor in this game, it is free to get (so you don't have to donate for it) which makes it fair, in my eyes, that you work your ass off to obtain it. Yours truly is also missing some pieces still.

Note I will add pictures to this guide later on, when I have access to get them.

Alright now we are going on with the celestial part of this guide.

The requirements for the celestial mini game are these:

You will need a Chaotic weapon to deal damage in this area
    You will need 99 Dungeoneering to enter spider covenant cave
    You will need a minimum of level 3 spider covenant, although I recommend a level 4 spider covenant for the plain reason that you don't have to use the chaotic staff, but any magic wand and melee weapon you can use.
    I also recommend you to have maxed out combat stats and prayer.

First of all I'm guiding you all to the exact place of where you start this mini game. This is quite easy, as you just start at the jungle teleport area and you just jump into the whirlpool. This will take you to the spider cave immediately. From there you can walk outside this cave by using this hole: (insert picture) and walk this way (insert picture).

Now you can enter the Celestial mini game. Just as with the primal hunt, I don't have the opportunity to tell you guys what the best way is, but I will add a few recommendations in here.
    But first I'm gonna walk you through the mini game. First of all, please note that all the reborn mages are immune to melee and range hits, and the forgotten mage is immune to mage hits, and has big resistance against arrows, at least that is what @Solaire told me.

The first round you'll face off against a regular Reborn Mage.
    This creature will strike you with weakening spells and shadow barrage.
    This round isn't that hard, but is really annoying because of the weakening spells, lowering your strength level by 16~19 points, and more important, lowering your magic level with 8 points.

The second round you'll be pitted against a Lesser Reborn Mage.
    This creature will hit you with earth wave, while also taking 10% of your current prayer down each time it hits. (Although I think it is 20%, or my math is somehow really bad...)
    This one has the chance to be an easy opponent, but he can also be a pain in the ass and waste some of your food. He has the ability (as the only reborn mage) to hit a special attack that goes through your prayer. This can hit up to 30 of your hit points. While his earth wave attack doesn't do that much damage if you have the protect from mage prayer activated.

The third round you'll be tested against a Greater Reborn Mage.
    This creature has more defense and will hit you with all 3 god spells, taking a stunning 50% of your current prayer down per hit.
    This is not a hard hitting mage, he will hit you up to a maximum of 10 of your hit points, if you have the protect from mage prayer activated. However the prayer burn is big in this one. Just imagine you just using 1 part of your prayer potion, and this thing will be like hey gg 160 prayer points, and next hit gg 80 prayer points.. yeah you go down from 320 prayer points to 80 in just a few seconds. And keeping the prayer up is a must in this game.

After beating the reborn mages you are going the face the long forgotten magician.

He can attack you as follow:
    His regular spell consists of a purple curse which after a short delay will hit you 3 times. With a maximum of 10 for a single hit, if protect or deflect from magic activated.
    His first special spell fires a fireball similar to the Reborn Mages have. This fireball ignores prayer and can deal up to 200 damage.
    His secondary special spell summons a tornado made of sand to wreck you. This attack ignores prayer and deals up to 300 damage.
    His third special spell sends off a strong lightning attack to shock you. This attack ignores prayer and deals up to 400 damage.

Killing this thing isn't that hard, just keep the protect from mage activated and turn piety on. Then just keep your hitpoints above a steady 45 and you are not at risk to die.. unless you are death before the forgotten magician falls.

So these are the npc's that are inside this cave. Killing them is not that hard, but requires a good strategy and inventory set up. I will now walk you guys through the spell I recommend you guys to use and how you set up your inventory, or at least how I set it up.

We are using the normal prayer book over the ancient curses since we can deal more damage this way.
    Augury increases our Magic by 22% whereas Leech Magic only increases it by 10%.
    The earned extra damage from Reflect Magic can be ignored (minimal).

First of all I recommend using blood blitz as the spell you have to use (at 82 magic). Why you ask? Because the first mage can lower your stats. He usually lowers your stats 2 times before you can kill it, so blood blitz will always be possible to cast, instead of a barrage hit. If you want to use that spell, you have to use a super restore early on and that is, in this case, not a thing you want to do. So that is why I say go with blood blitz. A positive side is that it also requires only 2 types of rune, namely death and blood runes.
    Then just get the best magic armor you can get, the better your mage bonus the easier you hit those mage creatures. The magic level in this doesn't matter. Also the mini game is safe so there is no risk in losing any items in here. In your inventory, I recommend you guys to get the best melee weapon you can get, with a good helmet, body and legs.
    My last tip for you guys is, with the reborn mages, restore your prayer points if you are between 0 and 10 points (so let it drop as much as possible, because this way you waste as minimum as possible prayer potions).
    Then we go over to the potions in your inventory (considering you already have 6 spots filled with the armor and runes). As you can see I have 1 super restore potion in there (this is more than enough because you can do roughly 2~3 kills with one inventory). This is mainly here to restore the possible lowered skills of the first mage. I usually use this as my prayer is low against the 2nd or 3rd mage, because they lower your prayer points on a hit. Why only 1 super restore you ask? Well I fill up my inventory with 5 additional prayer potions, mainly because a super restore restores an amount of 290ish prayer points, and a prayer potion restores 320 points. So a prayer pot is way more useful, and requires less skill to make.
    The rest of my inventory is filled up with rocktails (you can use the best food that you want to waste, but rocktails are the best in my eyes).
    Sadly, a beast of burden is banned in this mini game, so that is why I don't speak about a titan or pack yak for this part of the guide.

Also please note that the first 8 loots you obtain in here, will never ever ever ever contain a celestial piece. So don't get discouraged to quickly. That is what a little bird told me.

So yup this is my guide about the primal and celestial gear. Below are pictures of the full set, so say for yourself, is it worth of your time or not? If so please enjoy this fun hunt, because I like it a lot. It is actually some kind of challenge/.

please note that the primal is something I'm not sure about.. if someone can verify me about this that would be wonderful
    Last edited by Biornha; 07-25-2018 at 08:38 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biornha For This Useful Post:

Ima (06-21-2018), Solaire (06-22-2018)

Developer
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looks good so far, will definitely help the new players out, keep it up!

Registered Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaire View Post
    Looks good so far, will definitely help the new players out, keep it up!
    Thanks mang, it is textual finished now, all I have to do is add some pictures..

Also I would like to see people reply with their ways of doing this, gives newer people a better view on the possibilities.

Developer
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biornha View Post
    Thanks mang, it is textual finished now, all I have to do is add some pictures..

Also I would like to see people reply with their ways of doing this, gives newer people a better view on the possibilities.
    The way I did it on N3t:

Master penance staff so I can save inventory space on runes and have a hard hitting offensive spell that requires no further attention.
    The best mage gear I could find.
    4 prayer potions
    Bandos Godsword
    Guthix Halo
    22 Rocktails

With this inventory you're able to complete the round 2 or 3 times before going back to base.

The third mage takes half of your prayer, which can be alarming if you're not used to it.
    However you'll notice soon enough that he really just takes 50% of your remaining prayer and nothing more.

Sure half off 99 is 49 and that's a lot of prayer to lose.
    But half of the remaining 49 is only 24, Only 12 after that, only 6 after that, only 3 after that, only 1 after that.

You can effectively let your prayer go down to 4/990 and still be safe for another hit because his next attack will bring you to 2/990 prayer which leaves at least a second or two to use a prayer potion before hitting 0/990.
    Using this strategy you can let the mage take your prayer down as low as you can while only using a dose of potion when absolutely necessary.

I've defeated the entire minigame with a single prayer potion like this at my prime (with celestial outfit nearly complete).

Hope that helps!

Registered Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaire View Post
    The way I did it on N3t:

Master penance staff so I can save inventory space on runes and have a hard hitting offensive spell that requires no further attention.
    The best mage gear I could find.
    4 prayer potions
    Bandos Godsword
    Guthix Halo
    22 Rocktails

With this inventory you're able to complete the round 2 or 3 times before going back to base.

The third mage takes half of your prayer, which can be alarming if you're not used to it.
    However you'll notice soon enough that he really just takes 50% of your remaining prayer and nothing more.

Sure half off 99 is 49 and that's a lot of prayer to lose.
    But half of the remaining 49 is only 24, Only 12 after that, only 6 after that, only 3 after that, only 1 after that.

You can effectively let your prayer go down to 4/990 and still be safe for another hit because his next attack will bring you to 2/990 prayer which leaves at least a second or two to use a prayer potion before hitting 0/990.
    Using this strategy you can let the mage take your prayer down as low as you can while only using a dose of potion when absolutely necessary.

I've defeated the entire minigame with a single prayer potion like this at my prime (with celestial outfit nearly complete).

Hope that helps!
    That is a nice set up, that I sadly couldn't use because I lack the Master Penance staff. But considering you also did 2 or 3 times, it is the same amount of kills i could get.. so not that bad! But thanks for the input mate.

Legendary Nublet
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Solaire how come this isn't a sticky?

Otherwise, very detailed and I love it.

Registered Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XxxTentacion View Post
    Hey @Solaire how come this isn't a sticky?

Otherwise, very detailed and I love it.
    Solaire hates me. And I don't have the forum powers to sticky it myself.

Registered Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated with a link towards the video of @Seancept

Registered Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great guide! love the amount of detail you put into this.

Much love <3