User Tag List

Thread: Tier'd barrows sets

1. #1 Tier'd barrows sets 
    Registered Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a weird but interesting suggestion just read it and give it a chance it may grow on u

basically this is an idea to make barrows sets tiered and more effective with each tier. the way that one would do this is by combining two barrows pieces of the same type along with using an additional item such as energy fragments or other various other miscellaneous unused items. with each additional upgrade the peice would get better and when a whole set of the same tier is used together it will have an enhanced set effect that is an all around improvement from the tier before it. this improvement could be anything from enhancing existing effects to adding new ones. at the maximum level of upgrade the sets would be very powerful having effects and stats that place them in the upper tiers of the game however they come with great cost and risk. when one of the tiered items is lost it is degraded to a broken barrows peice which must be repaired into a regular one for 500k gp meaning all upgrades to it are lost (however the set peices have progressively higher values as they get upgraded so if you use item protection at all times there is minimal risk.

the upgrade process is as follows:

1 regular barrows piece + 1 regular barrows piece + additional item = barrows piece 25 or tier 2 ---2x pieces used
    barrows piece t2 + barrows piece t2+ x2 additional items = barrows piece 50 or t3 --- 4x pieces used
    barrows piece t3 + barrows piece t3+ x3 additional items = barrows piece 75 or t4 ---8x pieces used
    barrows piece t4 + barrows piece t4+ x4 additional items = barrows piece 100 or t5 ---16x pieces used

the additional items could really be more less anything but i would suggest having each tier require double what the previous tier did + an additional requirement item, these could include any of the following: energy fragments, stardust, golden nuggets, onyx, or you could even make the required items varry from set to set and center some lore around the items used and the effects.

as far as the stregnth of the sets themselves you would obviously give buffs to the base stats but only to about the level of nex sets or possibly slightly more/less depending on the set effects and desired function.

torags could be a tanking and defensive centered set with effects that reduce incoming damage and enanced fast hitting hammers

ahrims could double the maximum damage orf normal or ancient magics and provide buffs to magic accuracy and defense.

veracs could have an increased chance to nullify both prayer and defense as well as some form of defense drain

dharocks at max tier can be centered on being a glass cannon with massive potential damage output surpassing all other mele in game if properly setup but at the cost of your defense and prayer being drained (the dh set would be the only set to decrease def as it tiers up and the t5 would have no def requirement but low def stats, each hit would gradually drain the players own defense and pray untill they hit 0 the max effectiveness of the set would eb when a player has no prayer 0 defense and less than 10 hp at which point the dps would surpass anything ingame.

guthans can gain viable offensive stats as well as the ability to recover prayer along with hitpoints making it a perfect sustained camping set for general utility

karils can have the xbow made 1 handed with decent damage and very fast attack speed speed (faster than crybow) and have the ability to drain opponent stats over time (it makes sense since the karils xbow is a repeating crossbow

Registered Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or you could even make the required items varry from set to set and center some lore around the items used and the effects.

I like this option!

Also I like the suggestion a lot. I think it would look like this

Nex sets < Dharkos set < jungle sets?

Then I would say, don't make it to hard to obtain it because it is easy lost (especially the dharok, that with the jungle sets is in my eyes the most interesting set).

Registered Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can definitely get behind this idea. I absolutely love doing barrows, and it's a shame because I don't do it on this server anymore since I don't have a need for any of the rewards from it. This would be a great way for the minigame to become practical for both newer and older players.

Legendary Nublet
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda confused me reading all this.

But ahrims hitting double is kinda op for barrows, and dh out damaging all the melee in the game is way to op. Considering the buff to primal

Registered Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XxxTentacion View Post
    Kinda confused me reading all this.

But ahrims hitting double is kinda op for barrows, and dh out damaging all the melee in the game is way to op. Considering the buff to primal
    maybe not literally all of it but at least being good enough to be top tier, however you also gotta consider the risks and requirements for that strength you basically cant take any damage at all and must keep hp prayer and def all the way drained for that max dps effect to kick in. without them being all the way drained it would be maybe 50% of the strength it would have with all drained. it would be almost no use at all for solo pvm since it would require you to have someone else tanking dmg pretty much so wile it would be very powerful its uses would be very specific to team fights.

Legendary Nublet
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    maybe not literally all of it but at least being good enough to be top tier, however you also gotta consider the risks and requirements for that strength you basically cant take any damage at all and must keep hp prayer and def all the way drained for that max dps effect to kick in. without them being all the way drained it would be maybe 50% of the strength it would have with all drained. it would be almost no use at all for solo pvm since it would require you to have someone else tanking dmg pretty much so wile it would be very powerful its uses would be very specific to team fights.
    well the prayer part is kinda rendered useless for extreme donors + since prayer doesn't drain at all.

Registered Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XxxTentacion View Post
    well the prayer part is kinda rendered useless for extreme donors + since prayer doesn't drain at all.
    well if the prayer level is drained it also effectively drains the points also.. there could also possibly be an option for sup donators or staff to enable/disable their pray drain

Legendary Nublet
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    well if the prayer level is drained it also effectively drains the points also.. there could also possibly be an option for sup donators or staff to enable/disable their pray drain
    I highly doubt he will do that, but we'll see.